Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Birthday musings

Today is my 29th birthday, and as I write this my husband and baby are sleeping soundly in the other room. I don't get many moments alone these days so it's nice to know Barrett is safe sleeping next to daddy. I never would have imagined my life would be so fulfilled with all the simple things: watching my son discover new things, the way my husband smells after a shower, the quiet that fills our house after everyone is asleep. When I started college, I had crazy and impossible dreams of grandeur. I wanted to take on the world, and make myself famous. Little did I know, God had other plans which coincidentally did not make me famous.

But fame is not really what I wanted. Deep down inside, I just wanted my life to count for something. I wanted someone to think I am important and that my life has meaning. Now looking at my sleeping boys, I can see the plan God laid out for me. Being a wife and mother has been the greatest adventure I could have ever hoped for, and no amount of fame would have been worth trading all the simple things my life is now overflowing with. I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment