Sunday, May 17, 2009

Film snob

After seeing a few commercials of upcoming summer "blockbuster" movies, I am convinced that whoever are the powers that be in Hollywood are idiots. How many more sequels, prequels, and remakes do we have to endure before they get some new material? I am so tired of the same old stuff being spoonfed to the American public, but the sadder thing is that most people don't care the movie industry is a cespool and will go see all the raving crap being thrown out there. This fact just reafirms my belief that the majority of the American public are sheep and will do and see whatever has the best advertising. It is so sad.

I pride myself on being one of the black sheep who will choose a indie flick over a big budget Hollywood egostroke any day. I hate knowing the big wigs in California believe most of us don't have a brain to figure out the huge gaping plots holes and see the overuse of bluescreen or CGI. So this summer when you have the choice of seeing yet another remake or sequel, try to find something else. Make them work for your $8.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment