Thursday, April 30, 2009

Weird dream

Last night the little man woke up and started getting restless so I picked him up and nursed him, and once he fell back asleep I put him back in his cosleeper that is attached to our bed. This was at midnight. He woke up again at 2:30am and was restless so I put my arm across his little body like I have so many nights since he was born and started praying: for him to be at peace, for him to come to know the Lord, for him to have sweet dreams and so on. I drifted in and out of sleep for about 5 minutes but I kept praying. Then I heard a voice say, "stop praying for him." At first I thought it was my husband talking in his sleep, but it wasn't. I heard this voice as if it was right next to Barrett's head. I immediately picked up my son from where he was sleeping and rolled towards my husband whom I woke up and told him to pray for us. We went back to sleep shortly after the prayer ended, and I told my husband I would explain what happened when we woke up.

The alarm went off at 5:30am and my husband got up to turn it off. I explained I had been dreaming and consoling Barrett when he woke up around 2:30 and I told him what I had heard while I was praying for Barrett. He wasn't surprised or shocked to hear what I said. I know we live in a fallen world and are under constant attack by things we can't see, hear, or feel. It's just the first time since Barrett was born that the attacks have been against him. It makes me want to be even more vigilant at being a God centered mommy who is clothed in the armor of Christ. I refuse to be blind to the battle around my family. I know we are a powerhouse for God, and the devil doesn't like that at all. I will raise my son to know we serve the Lord so when the time comes for him to make the choice whether to trust Christ or not, he will have been given all the information he needs to choose on his own. But for now, he is my responsibility and he will be covered in prayer. I will protect him with every fiber of my being.

No comments:

Post a Comment